Ford is asking developers to help people take advantage of multiple modes of transportation in cities like Chongqing where there are complex geographical constraints and a variety of transportation methods.
How can you help make the process of using multiple modes of transportation to get around a snap? Will your app revolutionize mobility, so that taking a cable car to a lightrail to a shared bike is seamless and easy?
To get started, take a look at the requirements below and make sure you click the “Register” button so you’ll receive all important challenge updates. one of China’s largest cities, to help people move around their city more easily as they navigate the “Mountain City’s” complex geography.
This challenge is open to:
- Individuals (who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry); Teams of eligible individuals; Organizations (up to 50 employees)
- Organizations with over 50 employees may compete for the non-cash Large Organization Recognition Award.
Content: Submitted solutions must focus on helping people connect multiple modes of transportation in cities like Chongqing, where there are complex geographical constraints.
Solutions must include a software component such as:
- an SMS or text message delivery to feature phones
- a native smartphone or tablet app (iOS, Android, Blackberry, Kindle, Windows Mobile)
- a web app (mobile or desktop)
- a desktop app (Windows PC, Mac Desktop)
- software running on other hardware (including, but not exclusive to, wearable technology, open source hardware, etc.)
- custom hardware which includes a software component (wearable technology, etc.)
Language: All submission materials must be in English or, if not in English, you must provide an English translation of the demo video, text description, and testing instructions as well as all other written materials submitted.
Supplemental Material: You must submit a demo video (hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku) that walks through the main functionality of the solution via screencast or video. You must also submit at least one image/screenshot of your working solution.
New & Existing Solutions: Solutions may be newly created or pre-existing. If you are submitting an existing solution (developed prior to this competition), your solution must include new features/functionality added after the submission period began, which specifically aim to help people connect multiple modes of transportation in cities like Chongqing, where there are complex geographical constraints. If you are entering an existing solution, you will be required to explain the new features in the submission form.
USD$30,000 in prizes
OpenXC Integration Prize
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
How to enter
- Read the Official Rules to confirm you meet all eligibility requirements.
- “Register” to access the submission form and start your draft.
- Create a working solution that meets the requirements above, a demonstration video, and some images to represent your solution.
- Provide a way for us to access your solution.
- Submit before the deadline!
Qianyan Xie, Ph.D.
Future Mobility, AP Portfolio Lead, Ford
Weijian Han, Ph.D.
Manager of Research, Ford Asia Pacific, Ford
Prof. Hai Jiang
Associate Professor, Industrial Engineering, Tsinghua University
Prof. Dihua Sun
Professor, College of Automation, Chongqing University; Director, Chongqing Engineering Research Center of Intelligent Transportation Systems
Vice President, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Ford Motor China
Quality of the Idea
Includes creativity and originality of the idea.
Implementation of the Idea
Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer.
Potential to improve mobility integration
Includes the extent to which the software could help people connect multiple modes of transportation in areas such as Chongqing.